Origin and tradition
The origins of the Koller family can be traced back to a farm on the “Kollerbergerl” in Frauenau.
In 1950, directly after the war years, the Koller family took a very brave decision:
they relocated to Althüttenstraße and set up a guesthouse combined with a farm.
The first rooms for guests were then created in the 1970s.
Michaela, one of Lotte and Max Koller’s three children, took over the guesthouse. After a construction period of around one year, the Hotel St. Florian opened it doors for the first time on 24th December 1994.
At that time, the hotel had a restaurant, wellness area with an indoor pool, Finnish sauna, steam bath and 26 rooms.
The current hotel was created gradually after many extensions and renovations.
In 2002, the hotel was further extended: the kitchen was expanded and renovated and a spa area with massage and beauty rooms, a hotel lobby and bar and 7 extra rooms were added.
The big step towards becoming a wellness hotel was taken in 2011 when the wellness area was extended.
A large sauna area with a Finnish sauna, steam bath, herbal sauna, infrared cabin, relaxation room and a room for partner massages was created. The culinary areas were extended with the addition of a sun terrace and conservatory.
From 2014 – 2018, 24 existing rooms were gradually renovated
and extensive fire protection measures were implemented.
In 2019, the largest construction measures since 1994 were undertaken: a garden spa (plus detached house) with an outdoor pool, two further saunas, a fitness room and generous relaxation room was built. A large wellness garden was created on the “former hotel car park”. An additional sun terrace was built next to the hotel lobby. The roof of the main building was raised and 7 additional double rooms were built. Details dating back to the farming period are reflected in these new rooms.